AMA Supermoto Supplemental Rules 2017
2017 AMA Rule Racing Rule Book Link
2017 AMA Supermoto Supplemental Rules
- In the case of conflicts between these rules and the 2017 AMA Racing Rule book, these supplemental rules supersede the AMA Racing Rule book.
- Number plates for Pro Open Class must be white with black numbers. Pro Lites class must be Black with white numbers.
- A rider that cuts the track during qualifying will start at the back of the grid for main event.
- A rider that cuts the track during a race must give up the time and/or positions gained. If the racer fails to do so he/she will be penalized to the race referees decision.
- A rider entered in any pro class is not eligible to race the Amateur National class.
- A rider with a pro license in another form of motorcycle racing must race a pro class, unless the rider is approved from the race referee to race the Amateur National class.
- Pro class riders must use supermoto specific wheels. Sixteen – Seventeen inch wheels are approved.
- If a rider causes a red flag that rider must start in the last starting spot on the restart grid.
2017 Update Version 3.8.17
- A rider who is top five in the Open class cannot compete in the Lites class.
- Additional tear down procedure. Section 4.5, A 2 e. page 262 of 2017 Rulebook
- Race format shall be Qualifying / Heat / Main for all classes.
- Riders are capped at 2 sets of tires per race event (changed from 1 set in 2016). If a rider has a mechanical issue and needs to change more tires, the rider or team member must notify the race referee for permission. In the event of rain the tire rule is exempt.